Feb 2, 2012
Shrimp Pasta with Orange Sauce
1 pound of cooked shrimp, washed and patted dry
2 Tablespoons butter
1 medium onion - diced
1 Tablespoon of flour
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup white wine
1 lb pasta noodles (we used bowtie, but anything would do)
1 small bunch fresh dill
1 tablespoon fine orange zest
1/2 cup orange juice
1. Heat the butter in a pan over medium-high heat and brown the shrimp for about 1 minute on each side, then remove from the pan with a slotted spoon.
2. Add onions to the same pan and cook until translucent. Sprinkle the flour over them, stir, and brown lightly. Pour in the cream and wine. Reduce heat to low and simmer for ten minutes.
3. While sauce is cooking, boil water and cook pasta according to package directions until al dente.
4. Add the shrimp to the sauce and heat for 2 minutes. Rinse and shake dry the dill, setting aside a few sprigs for garnish, then chop the rest. Add the chopped dill, orange zest, and orange juice to the sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Drain the noodles. Serve with orange sauce and garnished with remaining dill.