Sorry for the poor picture....we need a new pie tin and I never thought to take a picture while I was serving it. I made this for dessert last week when we had some friends over. I got the recipe for the blueberry sauce from my friend Dawn, and modified(slightly) the crust recipe from my sister, Shannon. Then I just mixed some heavy whipping cream and a box of cream cheese for the topping...So yummy! This recipe is kind of a hodge-podge collaboration, so I apologize for the helter-skelter-ness. (That is SO totally a real word.) But if you can follow it and decide to make it, you won't be disappointed.
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1/2 cup butter - cold
1/4 cup ice water(just enough to make dough stick together)
(above ingredients make one crust)
1. Mix dry ingredients, cut in butter, add water until dough sticks together.
2. Shape dough into a ball. You can either use dough immediately, refrigerate, or freeze for later.
3. Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Place dough between two sheets of wax paper, roll out to a round disk, slightly larger than your pie pan. Fold into quarters, place in pie pan, unfold and press into pan. Prick bottom and sides of pan thoroughly with fork, bake 6-8 minutes.
1qt (4 cups) blueberries(I use frozen)
3/4 cup sugar
2-4 tablespoons cornstarch(for this recipe, use the full 4 tablespoons)
Mix berries and sugar in small saucepan, add cornstarch. Cook on medium low heat, stirring constantly. Boil for one full minute.
Pour into warm pie pan. Chill in refrigerator.
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1. Mix heavy whipping cream until it stiffens. Add sugar and vanilla and mix until sugar is dissolved. Chill.
2. Whip cream cheese in mixer.
3. Mix the whipped cream with the cream cheese...but I think I whipped it too long because it got a little softer than I would have liked.
4. Pour cream mixture on top of the blueberries and chill until ready to serve. Enjoy!